The American Academy of Bookbinding is pleased to offer our Internship program for the summer of 2021. In exchange for 30-40 hours of work per week, interns will receive free housing, free tuition to one AAB class of their choosing, and the opportunity to immerse themselves in the AAB environment including 24-hour studio access.
Interns will provide assistance to the Managing Director, AAB Instructors, Teaching Assistants, and students on a daily basis. Tasks and hours will vary day to day. Interns will also provide assistance as needed at the Ah Haa School.
- Marketing & Social Media: taking photos, posting updates, etc.
- Student Services: greeting students upon arrival, taking them to housing, driving them to the grocery store, answering questions, etc.
- Studio Maintenance: cleaning, organizing, tracking inventory, etc.
- Ah Haa School: assist with kid’s classes, annual art auction, etc.
- Previous experience with bookbinding and/or book arts
- Enthusiasm for helping others
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work independently
- Experience tracking multiple projects
- Weekend availability
- Interns must have a car
- Summer Internship: July 6 – August 30 (8 weeks)
Applications due April. 1st, notification by April 15th
All applicants must complete and submit the online application form, resume, and cover letter.Intern Application Form